Setting up and managing international business is a challenge. Even bigger challenge often is setting up international corporate bank account since your local corporate account is mainly suited for local business only and you may have no idea of where and which bank to choose.
What is an International Bank Account?
An International bank account is a core service of International corporate banking. An International bank account is a financial account between a bank customer and a foreign financial institution. A bank account can be a current account, deposit account, a credit card, or any other type of account offered by a financial institution.
International banks have services specifically designed for international businesses. They
- understand your international or offshore set up (no problem for opening of account for offshore registered company)
- provide tailored services – access to bank online and phone 24/7, quick international transfers
- offer internationally accepted charge cards
- offer business overdraft for international needs
- offer deposit accounts with attractive interest rates and multiple currencies
- provide international commercial lending/mortgages
- have personnel speaking in English and familiar with international businesses
Which International Account and bank is good for you?
It depends on your individual circumstances.
By studying carefully your individual requirements and circumstances we will provide you information about available options which allow you to compare and make informed choice.
In order to achieve this we provide the following service:
- ANALYSIS: Analysis of client background, requirements and preferences
- BANK AND SERVICE SEARCH: Matching client requirements and background with the banks which offer those services most closely.
- COMPARISON: Provision of comparisons on banks profile and charging structure.
- PRE-VETTING: Time saving by pre-vetting profiles provided to both bank and client before application
- INTRODUCTION: Assistance with document collation, client introduction to the chosen bank
- TRIAGE: A review to identify any other banking or any relevant non banking related requirements that need attention.
We can provide information on the whole range of banking services including:
- INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS/CORPORATE BANKING – start ups, switching banks, current bank accounts, international payments, internet/telephone banking, savings/deposits, credit/debit cards, finance and borrowing, guarantees, factoring, trade finance, custody and investments, lending/overdrafts, mortgages, guarantees, forex, import/export bills and up to asset finance and capital markets (M&A, bond issue, hedging, derivatives, syndicate loans, etc)
International banking can be set up in different jurisdictions. Most popular for European businesses are Gibraltar, Malta, Cyprus, Latvia, Luxembourg. For offshore businesses popular are Belize, St Grenadines, Bermuda, Singapore, Seyshelles, Mauritius, Cayman and other.
List of documents usually required for opening a corporate bank account:
A legalized set of company documents consisting of:
- Certificate of Incorporation,
- Memorandum and Articles of Association,
- Documents confirming the appointment of company directors and secretary (if any),
- A document confirming the location of the registered office,
- Share Certificate(s),
- Certificate of Good Standing if the company is more than 12 months old.
The company directors, secretary (if any), shareholders/beneficial owners and account signatories should provide:
- Certified/Notarized copy of the passport;
- Confirmation of residential address through the original or certified copy of a utility or fixed telephone bill, a bank account or credit card statement, dated within the last 3 months;
- banker’s reference. You can obtain an original Bank Reference from your bank and send it to us or ask your bank to send it to us directly.
We usually review scanned set of documents in advance of asking you to send originals or certified copies.
What do we do differently?
Our relationships are not with banks as institutions. We select and work with best individuals representing particular banks who we have great relationship with and who are looking after our clients as their own.
We do not provide any financial advice as we are Independent Introductory Organisation. We are not a bank, certified financial or investment adviser, securities dealer or broker.
It is difficult to assist one without knowing your business needs. Please complete the form below and we will get in touch to organise the best solution for you!